Pilgrim’s and JBS USA have created the Center of Innovation & Technology for Excellence (“CITE”). This initiative is an example of the company’s commitment to embrace new tools and technologies that would have an impact on our competitive advantage, especially in the areas of Artificial Intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT), Robotics Process Automation (RPA), Business Intelligence (BI), Virtual & Augmented Reality (VR/AR), and Blockchain.
In order to become customer-driven and embed intelligence and digital capabilities into all of the company’s processes in the era of digital transformation, CITE will:
- Support business units in getting more value from their data so they can improve their bottom line;
- Bridge technical and organizational boundaries by working between business units wanting to improve their insights using data; and
- Shorten the information lifecycle by sharing best practices and guidance during project executions.
Additionally, CITE will partner with business units to move more quickly and cost-effectively with technologies by:
- Standardizing the platforms architecture, maintenance and administration;
- Leveraging training and managing relationships with partners;
- Measuring performance, guiding and maintaining a roadmap for each business unit; and
- Enhancing collaboration between business units through alignment of people, processes and technologies with business goals.
At Pilgrim’s, innovation is driven by consumer insights, customer needs and market growth opportunities. We are confident that CITE will contribute to our global sharing of trends, innovative solutions and technology advancements to leverage our collective expertise and lead category growth.