As a leading global food company, Pilgrim’s is proud to provide high-quality, sustainable poultry, retail-ready and prepared food solutions that contribute to improving the lives of families around the world. Our team is committed to living our values every day and realizing our vision, to become the best and most respected company in our industry, creating the opportunity of a better future for our team members.
In alignment with this vision, we have established a comprehensive sustainability strategy that addresses priority issues critical to the long-term success of our business on the interests of our key stakeholders. We thank our team members and their families, our family farm partners, customers, suppliers and stakeholder partners who have pushed us to achieve more and, as a result, have made our success possible.
In 2018, Pilgrim’s continued to make great strides in accomplishing our 2020 sustainability goals, and we are pleased to share both our progress and the areas where we must endeavor to improve.
Progress To 2020 Goals
- Reduce greenhouse gas emission intensity by 14%
- Reduce electricity use intensity by 12% and natural gas use intensity by 14%
- Reduce water use intensity by 10%
Team Member Health and Safety:
- Reduce severe incidents by 15% year over year
- Have 100% of our manufacturing suppliers in compliance with our Supplier Code of Business Ethics and Conduct
- Achieve a 90% or better on our Animal Health and Welfare Scorecard for all processing plants
- Achieve a 95% or better on our Animal Health and Welfare Scorecard for our live operations
On behalf of our more than 55,000 team members and 5,400 family farm partners in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and Europe, we hope you enjoy learning more about Pilgrim’s and our passion to contribute to a more sustainable future.
We are humbled by your continued interest and support.